To Our Residents and Family Members:
Carespring locations have been on state mandated visitor restrictions since March 10. Vaccinations are working and we are grateful to begin adding flexibility to our visitation guidance.
We are now moving forward with scheduled visitation at our facilities. Visitation will likely occur in different forms which can include window visits, outdoor visits or indoor visits. The form of visitation will be dictated by the current COVID 19 risk in each facilities region. There are occasions when visitation opportunities can be limited, mainly related to a patients vaccination status, or facility COVID activity. We remain under federal guidance for visitation protocols.
Due to the continued guidance, there will be stringent protocols in place to assure that protective measures and proper screening occurs prior to any visit. Below are some of the guidelines we will be adhering to:
- All visits will be scheduled.
- All visitors and residents must be screened using CDC screening questions and temperature check prior to visit.
- All visitors and residents participating in visits must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth. If a visitor is unable to wear a face covering properly they will not be permitted to visit. The facility will provide a surgical mask for use while visiting if needed.
- Social Distance of at least 6 feet must be maintained. Any visitor must be able to independently maintain social distancing without supervision/monitoring of staff. Children will not be permitted to visit if needing redirection.
- Residents and visitors must wash hands or use hand sanitizer before visit.
- Number of Visitors will be limited to assure social distancing requirements can be maintained.
- All visitors will be strongly encourage to take a facility provided rapid COVID test prior to visit.
- All visitors must sign an attestation of risks and screening questions.
We want to provide you with information we reference in making decisions about visitation. This federal guidance is coupled with state and local health orders and directives to create visitation strategy.
CMS Nursing Home Reopening Recommendations for States: https://www.cms.gov/files/document/qso-20-30-nh.pdf