Carespring’s Chesterwood location includes memory care suites. Through regular routine, ever-present support, and safe activities, our memory care assisted living residents enjoy happy and fulfilling lives. They still deal with the symptoms and the very real struggles that come with memory issues, but they never have to face them alone. Learn more to determine if this specialized nursing home care is right for your loved one.
Cincinnati Memory Care Facilities
What are memory care facilities?
Memory care facilities are a special type of senior living for those living with early-stage Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. They are designed to provide independence and self-esteem through features ranging from activity stations to re-created towns with restaurants and shops. Residents enjoy the freedom of living on their own with the care, security, and support of a dedicated medical staff available around the clock.
Who is memory care assisted living for?
While family members may initially care for their loved ones suffering from memory loss, it becomes more difficult as symptoms progress. Here are questions provided by AssistedLiving.org to consider when deciding if transitioning someone into memory care assisted living is the right choice:
- Is full-time supervision necessary?
- Does the senior need assistance performing most or all of their activities of daily living?
- Is the person able to communicate their wants and needs to family and friends?
What are Carespring memory care facilities like?
Our Cincinnati memory care facilities feature specialized care for early-stage dementia and Alzheimer’s patients in an assisted living environment. This approach creates a peaceful setting with the assurance that help is nearby. They are currently available at Carespring’s Chesterwood location.
Carespring’s memory care is designed with multiple activity stations and environments that encourage independence in an intimate setting. Meaningful touches and an abundant schedule of unique social events offer an active lifestyle right here in Cincinnati while providing compassionate care with all the security and comforts of home. Features include:
- Specially-designed suites for maximum functionality
- A therapeutic environment
- Progressive Alzheimer’s care and opportunities for full family support
- Individualized service approach
- Uniquely designed common areas for resident and visitor comforts
- Three chef-prepared meals daily
- Dietitian-directed menus
- Customized nursing services and support
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Life-enriching social and recreational opportunities
- Main Street feature: café, hair salon, cinema, pub, pet shop, and more
- Onsite post-hospital and outpatient rehabilitation center
- Priority access to CCRC services
- On-site physician’s office
What's the difference between memory care and skilled nursing care?
Memory care in a nursing home is a program of specialized care for seniors. It is centered around those who are suffering from cognitive decline due to Alzheimer’s or dementia. With the aid of licensed memory care staff, it is designed to reduce wandering and confusion while still allowing patients to live mostly independently in a home-like environment.
Skilled nursing is a high-level of care for both short- and long-term nursing home residents, but takes a more general approach. After a medical event like a stroke, bad fall, or medical procedure, patients need a safe place to recover. Skilled nursing facilities provide the highest form of care outside a hospital setting the patient needs in a safe environment.
To learn more about our memory care facilities in Cincinnati and to schedule a tour, contact us today. Wherever your experience with the memory loss of a loved one leads, Carespring’s knowledgeable and compassionate professionals are here to walk the journey with you.