There are several different types of senior housing. Choosing the right one for your loved one can be a difficult task. What level of mobility does your loved one have? Do they require any special care? What options do you have? Learn more from the experts at Carespring, Cincinnati Dayton and Northern Kentucky’s premier senior housing providers.
The most hands-off type of senior housing is independent living. Residents can maintain their independent lifestyle with the added assurance that comes with living in a place that is built for safety and mobility.
Independent living facilities may be the right senior housing for you or your loved one if:
- Mobility is not an issue
- Light help is needed with chores like housekeeping or laundry
- A social, group environment is enjoyable
Assisted living ramps up the level of care as needed for each resident. The goal of this type of senior housing is to keep the resident as independent as possible while meeting their needs in order to ensure safety.
Assisted living facilities may be the right senior housing for you or your loved one if:
- Mobility is becoming challenging/is already challenging
- Help is needed with daily tasks such as dressing, meal preparation, light mobility and medication reminders.
- General safety is becoming a concern
Finally, nursing homes provide a high level of personal care to the residents as needed. From mobility to eating, dressing, physical therapy, and 24/7 nursing services, nursing homes provide specialized care to the residents.
Nursing homes may be the right senior housing for you or your loved one if:
- Mobility is challenging and help is needed to move short or long distances
- Help is needed with daily tasks such as dressing, eating, and/or bathing
- 24/7 nursing services are needed, either for physical/mental care or in case of an emergency (such as a fall, stroke, or other serious injury)
Carespring provides a variety of senior housing options in order to serve our communities and make sure seniors have options for care delivered with the personal touch they deserve. Every patient in our communities is a part of our Carespring family. We get to know them – their stories, their families, what they need to maximize the care we provide.
If you are interested in learning more about the types of senior housing options we provide, contact us today! With locations in Cincinnati, Dayton, and Northern Kentucky, we encourage you to come to experience the Carespring difference.